Register for our exclusive Respiratory Care conference in Napa Valley, CA Learn About NAMDRC 2017
One of NAMDRC’s primary reasons for existence is to provide both clinicians and patients with the most up-to-date information regarding pulmonary medicine.
The Association provides you with educational, economic and regulatory updates. We accomplish this educational mandate through any of the following pathways:
The Washington Watchline and the Current Controversies offer unique tools for the practicing physician interested in pulmonary medicine, and are available for members in the Publications section.
For access to these publications, members receive via e-mail and postcard to the hidden links for timely information.
The NAMDRC Annual Educational Conference affords a truly unique educational opportunity for physicians in pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine by providing a special opportunity for them to interact with their colleagues, listen to state-of-the-art presentations related to pulmonary/critical care/sleep medicine, current financial and legal issues impacting physicians, as well as updates related to pending regulatory and legislative issues in medicine. Three half-days of educational sessions are devoted to the most recent clinical and management advancements in these areas.
The Annual Meeting program is jointly sponsored by the Creighton University School of Medicine Health Sciences Continuing Education and offers CME credit for physicians who attend.
Curricula for past NAMDRC conferences have included topics such as:
- New Directions in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Emboli
- Emerging Strategies in the Treatment of COPD
- Skeletal Muscle Dysfunction in Respiratory Disorders
- Regulatory: Coding and Reimbursement
- Political, Economic and Social Perspectives of Sleep Medicine
- The Future of the Specialty Physician in Managed Care
- Legal Issues for the Hospitalist and Intensivist
- Essentials in Pulmonary Medicine
- The Changing Landscape of Pulmonary Medicine
- Practical Advances in Clinical Management of Pulmonary Medicine
- The Science and Politics of Pulmonary Disease
- And many other timely presentations
As an alternative to the Annual Meeting, NAMDRC’s publications target primarily physicians. We offer an important brochure that keeps the patient in mind. Understanding Oxygen Therapy is a useful guide to the new patient who may not understand all the personal and medical issues involved with supplementary oxygen therapy. This publication is available in hard copy only. It is currently under revision to keep pace with newer and changing technologies. The updated version will be available by the end of the year.
Another valuable resource is the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) "Healthcare 411" Podcast Series.